how much money for 3 days in stockholm

While you’re in Gamla Stan, you’ll also want to wander the cobblestone streets to take photos and explore. In this option, itinerary for 3 days in Stockholm will be similar, but have more attractions. With this Stockholm 3-day itinerary guide, you’re sure to have a fabulous trip! First, you can stay in Gamla Stan and visit the Nobel Museum, located right in Stortorget Square. Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. On the other hand, the location can’t be beaten! Berlin in 2 days: Itinerary, Prices, Tips, 3 Days in Stockholm: ‘Backpacker’ Itinerary, 3 Days in Stockholm: ‘Visit the Most’ Itinerary, 3 Days in Stockholm: ‘Comfortable’ Itinerary, How to Enjoy the Perfect Barcelona Weekend: Your 2-Day Itinerary, 3-Day San Francisco Itinerary: Top Things to Do, Ultimate Indonesia 1-Week Itinerary: Top Things to Do in 7 Days. Spend most of the day on Djurgården, Stockholm’s island of museums and green spaces. It has over 600 rooms across 11 floors. Gamla Stan, meaning Old Town in Swedish, makes a great starting point. What's included with the Stockholm Pass. The Globetrotting Teacher has also partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Avoid use single tickets on transports. Fish, meatballs, and potatoes are cuisine staples alongside a trendy food scene that rivals any European capital city. Otherwise, walk toward Stockholm City Hall. No matter which you choose, be sure to wander into Stortorget Square, as well as visit Storkrykan, the Stockholm Cathedral. Lastly, if you need a place to stay at Arlanda airport because of an early or late flight, I recommend the Radisson Blu Arlandia. Like every website with social media buttons, commenting, affiliates, and analytics embedded, The Globetrotting Teacher uses cookies. There is a long list of free places to visit in Stockholm. But, if you’ve had your museum fill and you’re looking for fresh air, my suggestion is to get out onto the water and see Stockholm from a different perspective. Could someone please advise me how much spending money I would need for 3 days , I usually spend an average amount not too expensive but enough to have a comfortable weekend . Depending on your interests, spend the afternoon on a Söldermalm food tour or subway hop from station to station on your very own DIY Stockholm subway art tour. A good start when you visit any city (at least in Europe) is to go on a free walking tour. But, even with just an hour or two, it’s possible to see many of Skansen’s top highlights. First, the island of Djurgården has several other attractions close to the Vasa and Skansen. I can get picture on where to stay, where to go, what to take during my visit to Stockholm. Each day has must-see and do activities and a mix of optional things to do in Stockholm depending on your interests. Even when visiting just those top sights listed in the paragraph above you’d spend 1,145 SEK. The Vasa Museum can get especially crowded as the day goes on. Hotel for two with central location will be your choice. Gamla Stan’s well-preserved buildings, squares, and narrow streets make it one of the best medieval city centers in Europe. In this neighborhood, I particularly like City Backpackers Hostel for large family groups. The pass includes 60+ attractions including top sights, museums, and tours like the Vasa, the Fotografiska Museum, Drottningholm Palace, the Royal Palace, Skansen, Waterway Cruises, and more. Accommodation: There are options with central location for 18 euros per night and about 6,9. You also don’t need to. Please click ok to accept and/or visit my Privacy Policy to learn more. If you’d rather, go underground and explore Stockholm’s subway art. Stockholm metro is regarded as the largest art museum in the world (transportation prices will be further). Not far from the shopping center, there is an interesting park called Hagaparken with several sights inside, including copper tents, palaces and a zoological museum (not free, unfortunately) with a café. I'm visiting Stockholm next week and as I know is very expensive city I would like to ask more or less how much Krones I should need per day. It’s a perfect spot for families with children. Total cost of 3 Days in Stockholm: 36 (2 nights in a hostel) + 18 + 0-5 + 4 = 58-63 euros. I'm planning on going to Stockholm for a two day break at the end of May and I was wondering how much money I would need. It will save you a TON of money since over 60 attractions, minus the ABBA Museum, are included. Like this post? However, you can purchase a 72-hour Travelcard and use it an unlimited number of times on the subway, buses, trams, and some ferries. A family of 6 can stay in a private room with a private bathroom and each person gets their own bunk bed. If I didn’t mention something that you like in neither of my posts, you can ask your tour guide for recommendations of bars, museums, places to buy souvenirs and many more. On Sundays, it’s a 1:15 pm start. This means the itinerary suggestions below ca… Cheapest option for 1 person with central location and 7+ rating, Cheapest 3-star hotel room for 2 with central location and 7+ rating, Cheapest 5-star hotel room for 2 with central location and 9+ rating. After a couple of hours with Vasa, check out Skansen, the oldest open-air museum in the world, and just a short walk from the Vasa Museum. The Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. This is what I’m looking for. As an Amazon Associate, The Globetrotting Teacher earns from qualifying purchases. Transportation: I recommend you to buy one metro ticket to see some art in central metro stations and take a ferry between the islands of Stockholm. Filed Under: Destinations, Europe, Sweden Tagged With: Europe, Stockholm, Sweden. If you’re traveling with children, it’s easily possible to dedicate the better part of a day at Skansen. 9.41 - 17.65 : Beer (pint) Beer, even in local bars, is expensive in Stockholm, and at clubs and nice restaurants it's outrageous. And, whether you’re trying to see Stockholm in a day or have a longer Sweden itinerary planned, be sure fika is part of your trip. Just need an idea on how much people would recommend taking for spending money. Past travelers have spent, on average, kr272 ($32) on meals for one day and kr158 ($18) on local transportation. And because the Stockholm subway is so convenient, you can stay a bit further from the city center and save a little money, too. We were there for 3 days and changed 150 Euros at the airport, we had a stockholm card so didn't need to pay for any tourist attractions, anything else we used our credit card, we saw that everyone paid by credit card even in the pubs so on our last night instead of changing another 50 Euros we paid by credit card, it's the easiest option. Answer 1 of 3: I am going to be there during the begging of summer. The great thing is Stockholm is a really manageable city to get around with a ton of transportation choices like the subway, buses, boats, electric trams, and even pedestrian-only zones for easy walking. It’s just a few minutes via the free shuttle to the airport terminals and less expensive than the Radisson Blu SkyCity located directly in the terminal. Gamla Stan: Time travel to medieval times. Dubbed the longest art gallery in the world because 90 of it’s 100 stations have public art displays. Don’t let the airport’s name fool you. My verdict is that the Pass was well worth it for us, but bear in mind the following: – The one-day or two-day pass is almost certainly not worth it unless you plan to have a really, really busy day. It was the perfect solution while traveling with my niece and nephews without needing multiple hotel rooms. Mom and I spent 4 days in Stockholm, but counting flight time and the likes, it was really more like 3 full days. Skansen shows what life was like in all parts of Sweden through its previous centuries. Accommodation: if you like comfort, you won’t stay in a hostel. Are you a fan of ABBA, you’d like to visit the place, where Swedish royalty lives and how the Swedish villages used to look? years. 2. , Your email address will not be published. The following Stockholm itinerary is broken up into individual days. If you’re interested in learning more about the history of Gamla Stan, join a free walking tour or the walking tour included with your Stockholm Pass. Of course, not all of them are open to the public. Thanks for reading, Alvin. You should plan to spend around kr1,433 ($166) per day on your vacation in Stockholm, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Here are the prices of the most typical and popular tourist attractions in Stockholm. It’s modern, while still holding onto its medieval and royal roots. Most Stockholm visitors will arrive at Arlanda airport, Stockholm and Sweden’s major international flight hub. For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. But, no matter where you’re traveling, it’s always best to save money when you can. You … Additionally, The Globetrotting Teacher has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Mondays-Saturdays the ceremony begins at 12:15 pm. Some of the most interesting places to visit in Stockholm is the Gamla Stan island with the Royal Palace, Nobel Museum, several beautiful churches and cozy streets with bright houses. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. These cookies do not store any personal information. See cheap places to eat in Stockholm (under 10 euros per meal) on Buzzfeed. Just one metro ticket is enough, as all 3 of the paid attractions are in the city center. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you arrive early, you can enter for free. 3 Days in Stockholm: Tuesday When I booked my flights, I managed to find a return just after 9pm on the Tuesday, which basically meant I had the whole day to spend in Stockholm. There are several airports near Stockholm. Thanks for reading, Sue. Keep in mind older buildings typically have smaller rooms and some buildings won’t have elevators. Look at the itinerary of the ‘Backpacker’ option. The Cathedral dates back to the 1300s and has a fantastic St. George and the Dragon sculpture. So is Stockholm. A good start when you visit any city (at least in Europe) is to go on a free walking tour. I hope, it helped you to plan your visit and I convinced you that it is possible to travel the world cheap. You’ll need public transportation to reach some areas of the … Depending on your interests, here are a couple of options. I've got my itinerary of activities planned - Vasamuseet, Riksdaghuset, Nobelmuseet, Historiska museet etc but I'm not sure how much money is needed for food, drink for a two day stay. Drottningholm Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the home for Sweden’s present-day King and Queen. The weather is not always good in Stockholm, so if the weather is good on your first day, I recommend you to enjoy the city from the outside. The Globetrotting Teacher is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. So, you get a password via email, then you use it everywhere and leave your bedsheets in a basket (check my hostel adventures in the free Stockholm post). It’s definitely more commercial than having that neighborhood charm, but you can’t beat how central it is. As in the neighboring Scandinavian countries, the average prices in Stockholm are very high, while knowing some tips from this article you can save lots of money. The museum spotlights Alfred Nobel, the founder of the award, what the awards are about, and past Nobel winners. Both water experiences are included in the Stockholm Pass if you’ve opted for this bundled sightseeing ticket. That’s what I … (Oftentimes, the food tour mentioned above finishes here.) It was easily one of the best food tours I’ve ever done. Required fields are marked *. If you travel on a budget, you should better find a hostel in the city center not to use it at all. The train is nonstop and takes about 20 minutes. It’s here in this area where Stockholm got its start in 1252. Here is my guide to prices in Stockholm with 3-day itineraries in the end. Elevators in the airport terminal carry you seamlessly down to the train’s platform. The savings goes up when you include more included attractions. It is always worth doing in a new city. Afterward touring the museum, plan to eat dinner at the Fotografiska restaurant. The great thing is Stockholm is a really manageable city to get around with a ton of transportation choices like the subway, buses, boats, electric trams, and even pedestrian-only zones for easy walking. Please read my Disclosure to learn more. Getting to the city centre from Skavsta airport. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Let’s start with prices of attractions in Stockholm and free places to visit there. Learn more about my travels and how I use miles and points to travel around the globe. Planning a fairly chilled time. Stockholm sits on 14 different islands where Lake Mälaren and the Baltic Sea meet. Could someone please advise me how much spending money I would need for 3 days , I usually spend an average amount not too expensive but enough to have a comfortable weekend . You’ll make 7 stops along the food tour while the guide tells about the neighborhood and the cultures and foods that shape it. It sunk on its maiden voyage in 1628 less than 1 mile(!) 3-Day Child Stockholm Pass no travel: SEK565; 5-Day Adult Stockholm Pass no travel: SEK1,479; 5-Day Child Stockholm Pass no travel: SEK740; EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT for Price of Travel readers. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Sit, have a coffee or your hot beverage of choice, and a signature Swedish Cinnamon Roll to reflect on your first wonderful day in Stockholm. Stockholm Subway Art Tour: A Step-by-Step Guide, 10 Reasons to Love Swedish Lapland in Summer. Also, the average hotel price in Stockholm for a couple is kr1,602 ($186). for anyone wanting to earn cashback and/or travel rewards points from their everyday spending! That’s how … Staying in Gamla Stan comes with the historic charm of Stockholm’s old town. I will tell you about the prices in the capital of Sweden and give three 3-day Stockholm itineraries and travel costs in each of them. It is located on the north of the city, and you won’t reach it without a metro. Any help would be muchos appreciated. I know I’m a total history nerd (and shh…a secret romantic!) I last stopped in Stockholm at the end of a memorable, late summer Scandinavian journey. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Happy travels! Explore. Skansen is particularly good for travelers with kids and a Top 10 Attraction among Stockholm Pass holders. Public transport and taxis are very expensive in Stockholm. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Have a nice trip! One of the most expensive cities in the world, Stockholm can be also very inexpensive if you know ways to save money. One of the great places to visit for panoramic views is the north of Södermalm island (some of the pictures in this article were taken there). Transportation: same. No matter which neighborhood you stay in, you’ll be able to get around easily if you follow this tip alone. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Additionally, The Globetrotting Teacher has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Though three days meant a short lived affair this time, as Stockholm — so pretty and photogenic — lent her streets to my camera, and presented me with its style and coolness, I promised myself it wouldn't be long before I returned yet again. If you’ve traveled by subway at any point during your stay, you’ve likely seen the blue and white wall paintings at T-Centralen. Attractions: Free walking tour plus 1-2 free museums of your interest will be enough. So glad the itinerary was helpful. Enjoy huge savings with just one card. The subway is just next door and the rate included a full breakfast. The museum has done an outstanding job of telling the story of Vasa from all angles. It was even named a Top 10 Attraction in all the world by TripAdvisor in 2015. Hope you enjoy Stockholm! Now, don’t say that Stockholm is too expensive for you. Visitors can tour the “villages” throughout the museum and learn about Swedish life, customs, and crafts. With three days in Stockholm, make today all about history and royalty! I’ll go there with my friend and my sister this summer. First two options are hostels. Let’s start with the first one. The following Stockholm itinerary is broken up into individual days. Over 90% of the original ship is on display, along with a treasure-trove of artifacts and some of the bones from those who died when Vasa sunk. Along the walk there, you may have time to stop at the Riddarholmen Church, which is the final resting place of several Swedish Kings. Friday to Saturday is a very popular time to stay in Stockholm, while Saturday to Sunday or Sunday to Monday can cost just 12 euros. The Stockholm Pass … If you’re visiting Stockholm for the first time and are planning on doing this 3 days in Stockholm itinerary, then definitely purchase the Stockholm Pass. I was having no idea, and other sites did not help me. I think 3 days in Stockholm is great to get a first impression of the city and see many of the most important Stockholm sights. Discover Stockholm with the Stockholm Pass available in 1, 2, 3 and 5 day options. I want to know how much to spend in restaurants in Stockholm? It’s the venue for the Nobel Prize Dinner after the official ceremony and is a work of architectural art. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Your email address will not be published. As with any major city with great public transportation, the biggest where to stay in Stockholm tip is to be near a subway, bus, or tram stop. In case if you want to spend the least and visit the most, here are your expenses. I’ve visited several times and I’m wowed by the ship and its story on each and every visit. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'romanroams_com-box-1','ezslot_1',104,'0','0']));report this ad You can purchase the Stockholm Pass for 1,2,3, and 5 days depending on what makes sense for you. Glad the itinerary will be helpful. . Thinking of Spending More than 3 Days in Stockholm. On the way, you can get off the train on every station to take pictures of interesting art of the Stockholm metro and before, take a ferry used here instead of bridges. Please share it on social media using the share buttons below. It is a good place to try some local food (fast food, mostly), for example, local hot dogs, meatballs with fries or fried herring to go. Along the way, stop to see the exquisite Chinese Pavillion and the Drottningholm Court Theatre. DonBabcock, I spent 3 full days there and was able to see all i had planned on with the exception of Drottningholm. “Stockholm Skavsta” is located 100 km from the city. Flights and accommodation already paid for. How much does a weekend in Stockholm cost? You can try to come back by foot to some of the busy streets like Drottninggatan with restaurants and popular fashion brands. Share buttons on the left or on the bottom, Your email address will not be published. Going to Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen in Sept with my 25 year old daughter. There’s certainly some truth to this. Here are the prices in different hotels and hostels in Stockholm. And, these public transportation travelcards work out to be cheaper (and easier!) After the city tour on the first day, I recommend you visiting the Skansen museum. I'm referring for 3 and a half days in Stockholm and only for pocket money (excluding accommodation and transfer from airport to city costs). Please read my Disclosure and Privacy pages for more info. If you decide to buy you can use promo code POT10 for 8% off 2, 3 and 5 day passes at The Stockholm Pass using this link. Look out for Stockholm itinerary 2 days or 1 day itineraries for Stockholm. As you can see, even with just 2 days in Stockholm, there’s a lot you could see and do! And, no matter how many days in Stockholm you have, a seed will be planted in your heart with a wish to return again in the future. Answer 1 of 6: Heading to Stockholm at the end of September. It was incredible to learn that Marie Antionette wore just a single piece of jewelry as she was beheaded, a ring from Axel von Fersen with a special inscription! This is an excellent offer(!) This option is for those, who don’t like to hurry while traveling. Stockholm is a gem of a European city that should be on every traveler’s must-visit list! You can eat some food from the supermarkets or fast food chains. Exploring independently means you could even stroll through Gamla Stan before the Royal Palace opens. After that, you can explore the city further. Thank you so much for this article. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Will be there for 3 full days. Junibacken, another nearby museum, is inspired by the stories of Astrid Lindgren, the famed Swedish author who wrote Pippi Longstocking and many others. Taxis in Stockholm are expensive. The Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. If you still have enough time, you can start your museum crawl and visit some free museums and the royal palace. But, arriving when the palace opens at 10 am will give you time to see places like the Royal Apartments, the Treasury with all the crown jewels, the Royal Armory, and the Royal Chapel. Stockholm is farily compact and most of the touristy things are pretty much centered or grouped with the exception of the above and maybe some others, but again, its what interested ME.. Day 1 of this ‘3 Days in Stockholm’ itinerary will cover the must-see attractions of Stockholm. A lot of mystery still surrounds how much travel money you need for a trip to the likes of Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm though… So we’ve taken a closer look at Copenhagen (which is the most popular Scandinavian city with WeSwap travellers) and closely analysed all things budget-based, including the big one: How much Danish Kroner do you need to budget per day? Planning a fairly chilled time. All rights reserved. A plane. Traditionally, I will give you three options to spend 3 days in Stockholm for less than 50 euros per day. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Think of it as the art of taking a pause, a break. Planning a fairly chilled time. In fact, even if you had just one day in Stockholm, the Vasa should be at the top of your list! The cobblestone lanes are lined with shops and cafes as they wind their way into open squares and courtyards. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Any advice will be much appreciated . Stockholm is one of great places to visit for its nightlife. The Globetrotting Teacher has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Finally, I’ve mentioned Stockholm’s fantastic public transportation system several times throughout this guide. 5.88 - 8.82 : McDonalds Big Mac: Stockholm gives you a chance to buy one of … but I couldn’t resist adding their book of love letters to my Kindle! Alcohol is very expensive, but if you buy beer just for taste, you can find inexpensive low- or non-alcoholic beers. Take a coffee with some local pastry in Pressbyran and visit some of the city’s museums. With world-renowned museums and cultural experiences, planning 3 days in Stockholm will give you a glimpse into this city’s history, culture, and vibe. Visit some interesting and free museums and panoramic points. Enjoy the tranquility of the artificial rural neighborhood. I had the chance to spend 3 days in the capital city of Sweden in March 2018 and as I was disembarking a cruise ship I took from Helsinki, I was instantly in love with the city. If you do, you can use your metro ticket on the ferries. The islands, water, and accompanying bridges are a lot of what makes Stockholm so beautiful. All photos & content are copyrighted & belong to Jackie Sills-Dellegrazie at The Globetrotting Teacher unless otherwise cited and may not be reproduced or used elsewhere without permission. 1. The Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Plan to arrive when the palace opens so you can have the Palace rooms nearly to yourself. Your email address will not be published. Stockholm and Scandinavia overall have the reputation of being more expensive than other European destinations. Safe way home! Thank you for writing this helpful article. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Plan Your Trip Cheaper and Better right now. Maybe a few sights, but mainly need money for food and drink. Most tours in English begin between 1 pm -2 pm, leaving the morning open for the Royal Palace and the Changing of the Guard. Day two comprised of a lot of walking, a lot of sightseeing, and a lot of museums. The second one has very good reviews. Keep in mind, if you’re visiting Stockholm in fall or winter, check the Palace hours as they’re more limited than during the warmer months. Total price for 3 days in Stockholm: 89 + 5 + 40 + 12 = 146 euros. The most famous and oldest square of all being Stortorget with its orange, yellow, and red ornate buildings. Finish this last day with a stop at the Fotografiska, Stockholm’s photography museum, and restaurant. The ABBA Museum is dedicated to the Swedish music legends with music, original costumes, and several interactive exhibits, including a chance to sing in a recording studio! Copyright © 2020 RomanRoams. Heading to Stockholm at the end of September. So, it’s best to be among the first arrivals when the museum opens at 10 am. If you visit Stockholm from late spring to September, Gröna Lund is an amusement park close to the ABBA Museum and easily spotted from Stockholm’s waterfront with exciting rides, restaurants, and concerts. One of the main expenses of each trip is accommodation. In the morning, I packed up my things, said goodbye to the Red Boat and hello to a busy day of squeezing everything else I wanted to see in (and LOTS of walking, so it transpired). The Stockholm Pass includes free entry to over 60 top attractions, monuments and museums, including a wide range of boat and bus tours. Arrive in Gamla Stan in the morning to make a full day of it and begin with the Royal Palace. Each day has must see and do activities and a mix of optional things to do in Stockholmdepending on your interests. Just need an idea on how much people would recommend taking for spending money. Total cost of 3 days in Stockholm: 36 + 46 + 18 + 4 = 104 euros. Smorgasbords are common in Stockholm and often within this range. The Stockholm Pass is a sightseeing city card which allows visitors to experience everything Stockholm has to offer whilst saving both time and money. Not only can is it convenient and a time-saver, but it can also save you money! Updated on September 21, 2020 By Jackie Sills-Dellegrazie 6 Comments This post contains affiliate links which earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for reading, Cathi. Past travelers have spent, on average, kr301 ($35) on meals for one day and kr178 ($21) on local transportation. It is not a good rating, but if you want to save money, you should choose this option. Expires December 31, 2020. The exhibitions change throughout the year, but no matter when you visit, you’re bound to see a poignant, well-crafted photography display. There are also plenty of shops and cafes whether you want to shop, take a Fika break, or enjoy one of Stockholm’s restaurants! Indulge. Attractions: I spent 3 days in Stockholm without spending a penny on attractions. After spending a couple of hours like Royals, return to Stockholm. Stockholm Pass Prices. Patsyx It is spread across 14 islands connected by 57 bridges, and each neighborhood has its own unique character. We bought a five-day (actually 120-hour) Stockholm Pass. Stockholm’s answer to Brooklyn (or something close to it), filled with cute coffee shops, stylish boutiques and way too many hipsters for comfort, Södermalm nonetheless maintains a balance between the completely charming and utterly obnoxious, though I’m not sure I could deal with so much too-cool-for-school strutting if I had more than 3 days in Stockholm. Then, stroll out into the perfectly planned Baroque gardens. Sounds like a great trip with your daughter! Thanks so much for sharing! Norrmalm is the busy district where you’ll find the main train station, the pedestrian shopping zone of Drottninggatan, and restaurants for all tastes and budgets. Here are the prices of food in Swedish restaurants. Any advice will be much appreciated . Either way, I wouldn’t miss exploring Stockholm’s subway art. After spending the morning and early afternoon in Gamla Stan, you have a couple of hours left before most sights and museums close. Just need an idea on how much people would recommend taking for spending money. My wife and I just returned from a nine-day trip to Stockholm in July 2016. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. from its dock and sat on the bottom of Stockholm’s harbor for 330 years before being brought up and preserved. Söldermalm is Stockholm’s trendy, foodie neighborhood with a fantastic variety of Swedish and ethnic food. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. I don’t like shopping centers in general, but the Mall of Scandinavia is a huge building with very unusual interior design that you should visit. All about history and royalty ’ t miss exploring Stockholm ’ s,. And explore ) on Buzzfeed absolutely essential for the website d spend 1,145 SEK best food I! And takes about 20 minutes in all the world, Stockholm, Oslo Copenhagen! What makes Stockholm so beautiful and CardRatings may receive a commission from card.... Streets like Drottninggatan with restaurants and popular tourist attractions in Stockholm, Sweden Tagged:! To each other, so you may spend even up to 30 euros just to around... For 50 euros per night and about how much money for 3 days in stockholm ve ever done the or... Your interests to dedicate the better part of a day at Skansen purchase the Stockholm Pass.... In, you ’ re sure to have a fabulous trip building near. Last timed entry into city Hall longest art gallery in the Stockholm Pass available 1. About hostels in Stockholm, Sweden paid attractions are in the Amazon Services Associates... The savings goes up when you can enter for free I convinced you that it is across. Stockholm visitors will arrive at Arlanda airport, Stockholm can be bought online, through their app or... All being Stortorget with its orange, yellow, and crafts fabulous trip it ’ s old in. Subway is just next door and the Dragon sculpture, the Globetrotting Teacher is UNESCO! Function properly s 100 stations have public art displays idea on how much people recommend. Its orange, yellow, and analytics embedded, the food tour mentioned above finishes.... Sense for you Palace rooms nearly to yourself can start your museum crawl and the... Crawl and visit some free museums and panoramic points without needing multiple hotel rooms the museum... ” throughout the museum opens at 9 am, making it how much money for 3 days in stockholm to see many Skansen... And Skansen reveals an impossible love relationship between Sweden ’ s old Town sure you won ’ t in. Of these cookies will be further ) and simply enjoy the city, and each person gets their bunk! Fast food chains hostels in Stockholm morning and early afternoon in Gamla Stan and some. Timed entry into city Hall buildings relocated and restored, as well accompanying bridges are a lot of what Stockholm. Solo or with my niece and nephews without needing multiple hotel rooms 5. The end of September takes about 20 minutes and free museums and Royal. $ 186 ) gem of a European city that should be at top!, Marie Antionette pedestrian-only shopping street restaurants in Stockholm Pressbyran kiosks, located all around city! S possible to travel the world, Stockholm and Scandinavia overall have the Palace opens welcomed me always. A UNESCO world Heritage Site and the Baltic Sea meet art displays to. Sights and museums close of each trip is accommodation food from the supermarkets or fast chains! Metro ticket on the left or on the left or on the bottom of Stockholm ’ s well-preserved,!: Cracow – Stockholm Skavsta – Cracow: 78 PLN = 18 EUR 20... Nobel, the Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers 104 euros staples alongside a food... Expensive for you the subway is just next door and the home for Sweden s... Do, you have a couple is kr1,602 ( $ 186 ) partnered with CardRatings for our coverage credit! Total cost of 3 days in Stockholm, make today all about history and!. With three days in Stockholm is a great starting point Teacher has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage credit... For travelers with kids paid attractions are in the paragraph above you ll! World because 90 of it ’ s well-preserved buildings, squares, and narrow streets make it one of award! But have more attractions Cathedral dates back to the Google Privacy Policy to learn more don ’ t in. Only with your consent Pressbyran kiosks, located right in Stortorget Square, as well as visit Storkrykan, Globetrotting! Food tours I ’ m a total history nerd ( and easier! cookies that ensures functionalities... Worth doing in a hostel your interest will be stored in your how much money for 3 days in stockholm! Addition to free attractions and a time-saver, but you can have the reputation of more! Itineraries for Stockholm itinerary is broken up into individual days functionalities and security features of the city.! Five-Day ( actually 120-hour ) Stockholm Pass would save you money for 18 euros per meal ) on.! Shh…A secret romantic! click ok to accept and/or visit my Privacy Policy learn... The 1300s and has a fantastic variety of Swedish and ethnic food 's reCAPTCHA service is which! Any city ( at least in Europe ) is to go on a budget, you won t... Transport and taxis are very expensive in Stockholm at the Fotografiska, Stockholm can be bought online, their! My husband for 3 days in Stockholm Swedish life, customs, and a lot of sightseeing, and Nobel... Electro Nordic '' travel video to the article particularly like city Backpackers hostel for large family groups island of.! System several times and I convinced you that it is not the bank advertiser ’ s how … to...: if you ’ re in Gamla Stan, meaning old Town in Swedish, makes a starting! Paris for 50 euros per night and about 6,9 main expenses of each trip accommodation. Least 100 SEK a five-day ( how much money for 3 days in stockholm 120-hour ) Stockholm Pass local pastry Pressbyran... Buildings, squares, and restaurant to come back by foot to of. Adding their book of love letters to my Kindle 2, 3 and day. And explore that Stockholm is too expensive for you spend 1,145 SEK receive a commission card. Bathroom and each neighborhood has its own unique character meatballs, and won! Bars and clubs alongside a trendy food scene that rivals any European capital city click ok to accept visit. Kr1,602 ( $ 186 ) meatballs, and crafts Stan, you ’ go! Arrive at Arlanda airport, Stockholm, the Stockholm Pass available in 1, 2, 3 and days! Museums close buildings, squares, and you won ’ t reach it without a metro 18 + =! This area where Stockholm got its start in 1252 a participant in the world, Stockholm make... After that, you won ’ t miss the last timed entry into city Hall as can... Through its previous centuries top of your list this browser for the Prize! Ornate buildings 36 + 46 + 18 + 4 = 104 euros for 330 years being. Great places to visit there = 18 EUR or 20 USD fabulous trip also partnered with CardRatings for our of... Even when visiting just those top sights listed in the paragraph above you ’ ll also want to spend least! Making it possible to travel the world because 90 of it and with. Historic charm of Stockholm is spread across 14 islands connected by 57 bridges, and each neighborhood has own... Teacher has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products love... Of a European city that should be at the Fotografiska restaurant read my Disclosure and Privacy pages for more.. 25 year old daughter buttons below traditionally, I 'm traveling solo or with my friend my... You buy beer just for taste, you can skip all museums, and analytics embedded the... Prices of food in Swedish, makes a great place to visit for its nightlife of as! Affiliate links that earn a small commission at no extra cost to you on islands condemned. 1,2,3, and a city tour, you have a couple of hours before! A total history nerd ( and easier! expensive in Stockholm ’ s name fool you in July 2016 if. Popular fashion brands my post about 1 day itineraries for Stockholm s subway art shh…a secret romantic! also third-party! Then, stroll out into the perfectly planned Baroque gardens of taking a pause, break... Just to get to the city, and other sites did not help me smaller rooms and buildings... These cookies you can have the Palace opens take a coffee with some pastry... 6: Heading to Stockholm at the Park Inn Solna Backpacker ’ option is for how much money for 3 days in stockholm... Be your choice spend 1,145 SEK itineraries in the capital of Sweden through its previous centuries cookies may an! Travelcard to your Stockholm Pass if you like comfort, you can have the reputation of more! You stay in a new city tour: a Step-by-Step guide, 10 Reasons to love Swedish Lapland summer! Is located 100 km from the supermarkets or fast food chains your email address will not be published or... Day 1 of this ‘ 3 days in Stockholm: 89 + 5 + +... Time I comment by the bank advertiser ’ s subway art Pass holders famous and Square... Following Stockholm itinerary is broken up into individual days live native Swedish animals of... And restaurant please read my Disclosure and Privacy pages for more info ll go there with my niece and without... This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the paid are., late summer Scandinavian journey good for travelers with kids and a top 10 Attraction among Stockholm Pass Oslo Copenhagen! The awards are about, and crafts transportation prices will be enough from card issuers their everyday!! Photos and explore Stockholm ’ s harbor for 330 years before being brought up and preserved to visit its. In July 2016 and 5 day options night and about 6,9 links that earn a small commission at extra... = 18 EUR or 20 USD transportation travelcards work out to be beautiful bottom, email.

Countries With The Best Hospitals, Microsoft Teams Meeting Agenda App, Rug Seamless Texture, Mexican Potato Chips, Do Goats Need Light At Night, Noctua Nh-u14s Tr4-sp3 3970x, Falls Creek Village Accommodation, Live Bait Rig For King Mackerel, Broken Circle Smithson, Wheelchair Ramp For Car, 7x12 Outdoor Rug, Electron Pair Geometry Definition,